So many challenges to choose from! Last year was my first and a learning experience. We’ll see how this year goes!
I’m sure I can hit Bonsai level – 12,000 pages
I’m shooting for Shrub, 24,000 pages
- For readers to read retellings of stories we know well from their chosen level in 2016:
- Easy: 1-4 retellings
- Medium: 5-8 retellings
- Hard: 9-12 retellings
- Difficult: 12+ retellings
I’m not sure how many more retellings are left for me to read, but I’m looking forward to this!
- Snow White’s Revenge by Casey Lane (SNOW WHITE)
- Pan (The Untold Stories of Neverland #0) by K. R. Thompson (PETER PAN)
- Alice In Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter (ALICE IN WONDERLAND)
- Beauty of the Beast by Rachel L. Demeter (BEAUTY AND THE BEAST)
- It Started With Goodbye by Christina June (CINDERELLA)
- Tell The Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan (A TALE OF TWO CITIES)
1. Mortality by Kellie Sheridan
2. Vampire Academy 10th Anniversary Edition by Richelle Mead
3. Snow White’s Revenge by Casey Lane
4. Amp’d by Ken Pisani
5. Pan (The Untold Stories of Neverland #0) by K. R. Thompson
6. Some Boys by Patty Blount
7. Bad Luck by Pseudonymous Bosch
8. More Than Friends (Friends #2) by Monica Murphy
9. Alice In Zombieland (The White Rabbit Chronicles #1) by Gena Showalter
10. Leaving Yesterday (Laurel Falls #1) by Zoe Dawson
11. Secret Vampire (Night World #1) by L. J. Smith
12. My Delicate Destruction (Wolfgang #1) by Jillian Ashe
13. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
14. The Haunted Heist (Southern Ghost Hunter Mysteries #3) by Angie Fox
15. Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan
16. Her Darkest Nightmare (Evelyn Talbot Chronicles #1) by Brenda Novak
17. Cure for the Common Breakup (Black Dog Bay #1) by Beth Kendrick
Guideline: Read one book of at least 100 pages.
Requirement: Book should have a main character or significant secondary character that fits one of the LGBTQI or A requirements.
THE GIST: The idea is to read books by European authors or books set in European countries (no matter where the author comes from). The books can be anything – novels, short stories, memoirs, travel guides, cookbooks, biography, poetry, or any other genre. You can participate at different levels, but each book must be by a different author and set in a different country – it’s supposed to be a tour. (See note about the UK, below)
Bosnia and Herzegovina
France – Cure for the Common Breakup (Black Dog Bay #1) by Beth Kendrick
Italy – Moving Target by Christina Diaz Gonzalez
Republic of Macedonia
United Kingdom – The Witchfinder’s Sister by Beth Underdown
My goal is 10 fantasy reads for 2017. I’m thinking I might be setting the bar low though, so I may come back and reassess at a later date.